Sunday, February 28, 2010

Better late than never?

Okay, I actually did this on Thursday, but I have been house sitting all week in a house with no internet. Today I ventured home for more than 15 minutes, and finally am catching up on long overdue on-line errands.

If you're local (assuming anyone reads this at all :), you'll remember the nasty snowstorm that came Saturday and Sunday. How blessed are we this Sunday with blue skies? Anyway, Glenwood is a winter wonderland, and I was frosty and bitter about the cold. It's wearing on me, this lack of spring. But enough grump! I decided some color was in order.

Gerber daises are bright, beautiful and can seem like sunshine where there is none. So I bought two bunches, and split them into five smaller bouquets. Early Thursday morning (5:30 a.m.), I was out the door with fistfulls of color. I planted them in yards at random in the snow.

I don't know if anyone brought them in from the cold, but this small act brightened my day and warmed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment