Thursday, February 11, 2010

These Are the Days of Wonder and Beauty

These are the hard days. The dark days. The days it just isn't yet spring, but you want it to be. These are days we are gaining light, but when you work long hours, you really have to pay attention and make an effort to get up and open your blinds. To let the light in and hold it within you no matter what happens through out the day. So as a reminder, I found a beautiful card with the quote by Paul Simon " These are the Days of Wonder and Beauty". And they are, when we stop to notice it. But sometimes we need a little reminder. So, after work, I kidnapped my boyfriend and forced him to take a really long route to the grocery store. We drove through neighborhoods until we found the right house to leave the card and a candle and votive on someone's porch. I lit the candle, and ran to the get away car. I hope their evening held a small glow from the kindness. And I hope we are all illuminated with love this Valentines Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment