Thursday, January 28, 2010

Does it Count?

This morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m. Nothing special or unusual about that. Only, I neglected my yoga to shovel the remnants of Wednesday's winter storm warning. Maybe four inches. Except, the snow was the wet heavy snow that sticks to the shovel and makes sore your shoulders and back.

I had hoped to shovel both neighbors, but my plan was foiled, because like it or not, I still have to get to work on time. So I only shoveled my driveway and the neighbors closest to my house. I also cleaned off their car and my roomate's. Only...I do this about every time it snows if I have the time. And had the snow not been so wet and heavy, I would have had the time to do a little more, but I didn't.

Does kindness count when you're accustomed to doing it anyway? I'm feeling a little guilty about this. I'm feeling a lot like I should have done something more...

No comments:

Post a Comment